Our Product Liability Attorneys Can Help You Collect Compensation
If you or a loved one has been harmed as a result of a defective product, the lawyers at Tipp Coburn Lockwood, P.C., in Missoula, can help you pursue a product liability lawsuit against the responsible party. A product liability attorney can help you understand the legal process and pursue the full compensation to which you are entitled. Our team provides free initial consultations to victims of defective products across Montana. Contact our law office online or by phone at 406-389-4215 today to get started.
What Is Product Liability?
Manufacturers have a duty to design and create products that are safe when used as directed. When they fail to meet this basic standard, serious injuries can occur. If a person suffers an injury due to an unsafe product, he or she can file a product liability claim, suing the manufacturer for damages. The manufacturer can be held liable for the victim’s medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
What To Do If You Are Injured By A Defective Product
If you were injured after using a product and you believe it was defective in some way:
- Save the product and any packaging or instructions
- Note the make, model, serial number, and any other identifying information regarding the product
- Contact Tipp Coburn Lockwood to schedule a free initial consultation
Our attorneys can review this information and your injuries to determine if you have a product liability case. If we believe you have a case, we will launch a more thorough investigation into the product and begin gathering evidence to build a strong case.
The manufacturer can be held liable for the victim’s medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Types Of Product Defects
There are three different types of product defects that can cause injuries:
- Design defects: These are dangerous defects that exist from the design stage of the product and are approved by the manufacturer and other agencies. A common design defect is a product that is designed without a key safety feature, such as a blade guard on a kitchen appliance.
- Manufacturing defects: Some products have a safe design but those specifications were not met during the manufacturing process.
- Marketing defects: A marketing defect occurs when a product was mislabeled or did not come with adequate instructions for use and safety. A common example of a marketing defect is an electrical appliance that fails to include a warning about use near sinks or bathtubs full of water.
Some of the more common defective products include:
- Medical devices, such as joint replacement systems, implants, and heated surgical blankets
- Kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, toasters, and blenders
- Vehicle parts, such as brakes, steering columns, or seat belts
Product defects can have devastating effects. For example, defective vehicle parts often lead to serious motor vehicle accidents.
Take The First Step In Filing Your Claim
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury while using a certain product, it may have been defective. You need a team of personal injury attorneys on your side to determine whether you are entitled to compensation. Call Tipp Coburn Lockwood at 406-389-4215 or contact our law firm online today to schedule your free consultation.
Our attorneys have been fighting for Montanans since 1959. Over the years, we have represented more than 7,500 clients and helped them recover millions of dollars in compensation. We are affiliated with renowned legal organizations, including The National Trial Lawyers and the Montana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.