Dealing with an SUV Rollover Accident
You would be hard-pressed to drive a crowded road in the United States and not see an SUV. Unfortunately, SUVs are structurally flawed vehicles and rollover accidents are far too common. SUV rollover accidents often cause broken bones, concussions, and even death. If you suffered an injury in an SUV rollover accident, the experienced attorneys at Tipp Coburn & Associates PC in Missoula, MT, can put more than 130 years of combined legal experience to work for you.
An Overview of SUV Rollover Accidents
Given the right circumstances, any vehicle can roll over. However, SUVs are far more likely than cars to do so: roughly a quarter of a million SUVs are left inoperable after rollover accidents every year.
The reason for this is a flawed design. SUVs have a high center of gravity and are very top heavy. Combined, these characteristics make them much more likely to roll over. As of now, manufacturers by and large have done little or nothing to address this problem.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
The design of an SUV is the primary reason for the high rate of rollovers:
- High center of gravity: Because SUVs are so much taller in proportion to the rest of the chassis, they consequently have a much higher center of gravity. As a result, sharp turns or evasive maneuvers are much more likely to lead to a rollover than with other vehicles.
- Additional weight: SUVs are intended to be heavy so they can transport large loads. However, that extra makes the vehicle less stable than many of its counterparts.
- Lack of safety features: SUV manufacturers have been slow to integrate roll bars and other safety measures. This is in part because SUVs were intended to be off-road vehicles, and despite gaining popularity among families, safety upgrades have slow.
Together, these design flaws leave SUV drivers and passengers much more vulnerable when making a sharp turn, accidentally veering off the road, or skidding in poor weather conditions.
Even if the driver and passengers are not killed, there is a high rate of severe injuries such as:
Each of these is tied to significant expenses for medical care and rehabilitation.
Damages in SUV Rollover Accidents
The injuries endured in SUV rollover accidents are often serious and costly. If you are injured in an SUV rollover accident, our team of attorneys will identify the responsible party and fight on your behalf to recover damages, including:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses can extend far beyond ambulance transportation and an initial hospital visit. Medications, therapy, and rehabilitation can pile up over years or a lifetime.
- Pain and suffering: SUV rollover accidents can lead to extreme mental suffering. For example, if you are permanently disabled and can no longer take part in activities you used to take part in, this can have a severe adverse effect on your emotional state.
- Property damages: Repairing or replacing your property can also be extremely costly.
- Lost earnings: If you can no longer perform your job responsibilities or your injury has prevented you from going to work, you may be eligible to receive compensation.
While none of these damages can undo the suffering inflicted on you, they can go a long way towards easing the financial burden you are left with in the wake of an accident.
Discuss Your Case with a Qualified Attorney
At Tipp Coburn & Associates PC, we represent the victims in SUV rollover accidents, helping them to receive compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damages, and lost earnings. If you were a victim in an SUV rollover accident, contact us right away. Schedule a free consultation by contacting us online or calling (406) 549-5186.
“Torrance represented me in a very complex breach of contract/wrongful termination case ... Extremely knowledgeable and professional. I can't recommend him highly enough.” David - actual client